Would you like to lead dives and dive trips; take certified divers on vacations to the world’s best dive sites? Many Divemasters and Assistant Instructors are employed full-time or work independently supervising certified divers during club, store, resort or charter tour and travel activities.
The Divemaster rating is your first step in becoming a professional scuba diver. This program is designed to train experienced and knowledgeable divers to conduct enjoyable open water dives for certified divers. In addition, we place a strong emphasis on supervision of students and you will learn how to help in teaching scuba.
As a Divemaster, you not only set an example for students and certified divers, but you also demand increased performance from your equipment as you assist divers in need. As a group leader, you cannot afford the embarrassment or inconvenience of having equipment that does not function properly. Talk in advance with your instructor via phone or Skype, so that your personal equipment needs are met before class.
- Be at least eighteen (18) years old, unless otherwise stated
- Be Certified as an Advanced Diver or equivalent (Advanced Certification must include verifiable experienced Deep, Navigation and Night specialties)
- Be certified as a Rescue Diver
- Current CPR, First Aid and 02 provider certification
- Have a current medical examination for diving, signed by a licensed physician